by Eric Liebetrau | Dec-22-2014
Your reviews seed this roundup; please send items, including new about your new publications and recent honors, to [email protected]. Make sure to send links that do not require a subscription or username and password.
Adam Kirsch was awarded a $1,000 honorarium for his selection for the Harvard Magazine Honor Roll.
Elaine F. Tankard reviews Elizabeth Enslin's new book, "While the Gods Were Sleeping: A Journey Through Love and Rebellion in Nepal."
In the Collagist, Christopher Shade reviews "Everywhere Stories: Short Fiction from a Small Planet," an anthology edited by Clifford Garstang, from Press 53.
Michelle Newby Lancaster reviews "Where You Can Find Me" by Sheri Joseph.
John Sledge reviews "The Poet Edgar Allan Poe: Alien Angel" by Jerome McGann.
A Year in Reading: Michele Filgate.
A Year in Reading: NBCC board member Carolyn Kellogg.
Harvey Freedenberg offers an appreciation of Tim O’Brien’s "The Things They Carried."
Elizabeth Rosner reviews "The Miniaturist," by Jessie Burton.
Reginald Harris reviews "Icon," edited by Amy Scholder.
Joe Peschel reviews Haruki Murakami’s children's story “The Strange Library."
"Looking Forward: Indie Standouts in the First Quarter of 2015," from David Duhr and Drew Smith.
Meredith Maran reviews "The Woman I Wanted to Be" by Diane von Furstenberg.
Robert Birnbaum offers a primer on Cuban culture.
Sometimes You Can't Pick Just 10: Maureen Corrigan's Favorite Books of 2014.
Diane Scharper reviews Robert Blair Kaiser's "Inside the Jesuits."
David L. Ulin's best books of 2014.
Heather Scott Partington reviews Megan Daum's "The Unspeakable," at Electric Literature.
Poet Connie Post's book "Floodwater" wins 2014 Lyrebird Award.
John Domini reviews 'Samuel Taylor’s Last Night,' a novel by Joe Amato.
Andrea Scrima talks to Leora Skolkin-Smith.
About the Critical Mass Blog
Commentary on literary criticism, publishing, writing, and all things NBCC related. It's written by independent members of the NBCC Board of Directors (see list of bloggers below).
Categories & Archives
- 30 Books |
- Adventures in E-Reading |
- Awards |
- 2007 Awards |
- 2008 Awards |
- 2011 Finalists: 30 Books in 30 Days |
- 2012 Finalists Interviewed at New School |
- 30 Books in 30 Days |
- Live announcement of NBCC Awards finalists |
- 2013 Finalists Interviewed at New School |
- 30 Books in 30 Days 2013 |
- 2013 Awards |
- Podcasts |
- 2009 Awards |
- 2010 Awards |
- 2010 Finalists: 31 Books in 30 Days |
- 2011 Awards |
- Articles |
- Craft |
- Celebrating Philip Roth |
- Conversations with Literary Websites |
- Critical Library |
- Critical Outtakes: Discussions With Writers |
- Criticism |
- In Retrospect |
- Industry News |
- Interviews |
- NBCC 35th Anniversary |
- NBCC Campaign to Save Book Reviews |
- NBCC Featured Review |
- NBCC News |
- NBCC Reads |
- Roundups |
- Q&A |
- Remembrances |
- Small Press Spotlight |
- The Critical I: Conversations With Critics and Review Editors |
- The Next Decade in Book Culture |
- The Rest of the Best |
- Thinking About New Orleans: A Series About New Orleans Writers Post Katrina |
- Videos |
- What I'm Looking Forward to Reading