by Mark Athitakis (membership) | Feb-26-2012
The appreciations for Barney Rosset, who died last week, rolled in over the weekend from the Los Angeles Times, the Guardian, the New York Times, and the Wall Street Journal. Publisher Richard Nash intends to tweet links to Rosset-related articles (such as a 2001 Tin House interview) throughout Lent; follow his Twitter handle or the hashtag #BarneyRosset.
Laura Collins-Hughes reviews NBCC finalist Geoff Dyer’s study of Andrei Tarkovsky’s film Stalker, Zona, for the Boston Globe.
Jane Ciabattari interviews Nathan Englander about his new story collection, What We Talk About When We Talk About Anne Frank, for the Daily Beast; Steven G. Kellman reviews the book for the Dallas Morning News.
Art Taylor reviews Elizabeth Hand’s novel Available Dark for the Washington Post.
Wendy Smith reviews three books about Broadway for American Theatre.
David Biespiel discusses Phillis Levin and the “Poetry of Poise” in the Oregonian.
George de Stefano reviews Tom Santopietro’s The Godfather Effect for the New York Journal of Books.
Maureen Corrigan reviews Deborah Crombie’s mystery No Mark Upon Her for NPR.org.
Your reviews and recommendations help seed these roundups: If you’re an NBCC member with a review you’d like considered for inclusion, please email email@example.com. You can also get our attention by using the Twitter hashtag #nbcc, posting on the wall of our Facebook page, or joining our members-only LinkedIn group.
About the Critical Mass Blog
Commentary on literary criticism, publishing, writing, and all things NBCC related. It's written by independent members of the NBCC Board of Directors (see list of bloggers below).
Categories & Archives
- 30 Books |
- Adventures in E-Reading |
- Awards |
- 2007 Awards |
- 2008 Awards |
- 2011 Finalists: 30 Books in 30 Days |
- 2012 Finalists Interviewed at New School |
- 30 Books in 30 Days |
- Live announcement of NBCC Awards finalists |
- 2013 Finalists Interviewed at New School |
- 30 Books in 30 Days 2013 |
- 2013 Awards |
- Podcasts |
- 2009 Awards |
- 2010 Awards |
- 2010 Finalists: 31 Books in 30 Days |
- 2011 Awards |
- Articles |
- Craft |
- Celebrating Philip Roth |
- Conversations with Literary Websites |
- Critical Library |
- Critical Outtakes: Discussions With Writers |
- Criticism |
- In Retrospect |
- Industry News |
- Interviews |
- NBCC 35th Anniversary |
- NBCC Campaign to Save Book Reviews |
- NBCC Featured Review |
- NBCC News |
- NBCC Reads |
- Roundups |
- Q&A |
- Remembrances |
- Small Press Spotlight |
- The Critical I: Conversations With Critics and Review Editors |
- The Next Decade in Book Culture |
- The Rest of the Best |
- Thinking About New Orleans: A Series About New Orleans Writers Post Katrina |
- Videos |
- What I'm Looking Forward to Reading