by Mark Athitakis | Oct-08-2012
Gregg Barrios interviews Junot Diaz at the Los Angeles Review of Books.
Robert Birnbaum interviews Martin Amis for the Morning News.
Mary Ann Gwinn interviews Sherman Alexie for the Seattle Times.
Chelsey Philpot interviews Lois Lowry for the Boston Globe.
Maureen Corrigan discusses her reading habits at the Atlantic.
Carl Rollyson reviews Joseph Epstein’s Essays in Biography for the Wall Street Journal.
Rigoberto Gonzalez reviews Benjamin Alire Sáenz’s short-story collection Everything Begins and Ends at the Kentucky Club for the El Paso Times.
Carmela Ciuraru reviews Louise Erdrich's novel The Round House for USA Today.
Michael O'Donnell reviews Stephen J. Schulhofer's More Essential Than Ever: The Fourth Amendment in the Twenty First Century for the New Republic.
Jim Carmin reviews Jeremy Jackson’s memoir I Will Not Leave You Comfortless for the Minneapolis Star-Tribune.
Steve Weinberg reviews Nate Silver’s The Signal and the Noise for the St. Louis Post-Dispatch.
Your reviews and recommendations help seed these roundups: If you’re an NBCC member with a review you’d like considered for inclusion, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also get our attention by using the Twitter hashtag #nbcc, posting on the wall of our Facebook page, or joining our members-only LinkedIn group.
About the Critical Mass Blog
Commentary on literary criticism, publishing, writing, and all things NBCC related. It's written by independent members of the NBCC Board of Directors (see list of bloggers below).
Categories & Archives
- 30 Books |
- Adventures in E-Reading |
- Awards |
- 2007 Awards |
- 2008 Awards |
- 2011 Finalists: 30 Books in 30 Days |
- 2012 Finalists Interviewed at New School |
- 30 Books in 30 Days |
- Live announcement of NBCC Awards finalists |
- 2009 Awards |
- 2010 Awards |
- 2010 Finalists: 31 Books in 30 Days |
- 2011 Awards |
- Articles |
- Craft |
- Celebrating Philip Roth |
- Conversations with Literary Websites |
- Critical Library |
- Critical Outtakes: Discussions With Writers |
- Criticism |
- In Retrospect |
- Industry News |
- Interviews |
- NBCC 35th Anniversary |
- NBCC Campaign to Save Book Reviews |
- NBCC Featured Review |
- NBCC News |
- NBCC Reads |
- Roundups |
- Q&A |
- Remembrances |
- Small Press Spotlight |
- The Critical I: Conversations With Critics and Review Editors |
- The Next Decade in Book Culture |
- The Rest of the Best |
- Thinking About New Orleans: A Series About New Orleans Writers Post Katrina |
- Videos |
- What I'm Looking Forward to Reading