by Mark Athitakis | Jun-25-2012
Garth Risk Hallberg profiles Sergio De La Pava, author of the novel A Naked Singularity, for the Millions.
Ron Charles reviews Mark Haddon’s novel The Red House for The Washington Post.
Leah Triplett reviews the catalog for the Walker Art Center exhibit This Will Have Been: Art, Love and Politics in the 1980s for Bookslut.
Carolyn Kellogg reviews Laurent Binet’s novel HHhH for the Los Angeles Times.
Maureen Corrigan reviews Jess Walter’s novel Beautiful Ruins for NPR.org.
David Duhr reviews Jess Stoner’s novel I Have Blinded Myself Writing This for the Texas Observer.
Roxana Robinson reviews Marilynne Robinson’s new collection of essays, When I Was a Child I Read Books, for the Washington Post.
Your reviews and recommendations help seed these roundups: If you’re an NBCC member with a review you’d like considered for inclusion, please email email@example.com. You can also get our attention by using the Twitter hashtag #nbcc, posting on the wall of our Facebook page, or joining our members-only LinkedIn group.
About the Critical Mass Blog
Commentary on literary criticism, publishing, writing, and all things NBCC related. It's written by independent members of the NBCC Board of Directors (see list of bloggers below).
Categories & Archives
- 30 Books |
- Adventures in E-Reading |
- Awards |
- 2007 Awards |
- 2008 Awards |
- 2011 Finalists: 30 Books in 30 Days |
- 2012 Finalists Interviewed at New School |
- 30 Books in 30 Days |
- Live announcement of NBCC Awards finalists |
- 2009 Awards |
- 2010 Awards |
- 2010 Finalists: 31 Books in 30 Days |
- 2011 Awards |
- Articles |
- Craft |
- Celebrating Philip Roth |
- Conversations with Literary Websites |
- Critical Library |
- Critical Outtakes: Discussions With Writers |
- Criticism |
- In Retrospect |
- Industry News |
- Interviews |
- NBCC 35th Anniversary |
- NBCC Campaign to Save Book Reviews |
- NBCC Featured Review |
- NBCC News |
- NBCC Reads |
- Roundups |
- Q&A |
- Remembrances |
- Small Press Spotlight |
- The Critical I: Conversations With Critics and Review Editors |
- The Next Decade in Book Culture |
- The Rest of the Best |
- Thinking About New Orleans: A Series About New Orleans Writers Post Katrina |
- Videos |
- What I'm Looking Forward to Reading